The Heart Beat Gets Louder
By Lorna Carro & Jizza Magallanes
By Lorna Carro & Jizza Magallanes
Reaching out to the street children where they stay along the railway tracks
to collect recyclable products from the garbage
The ministry is praising God as we witness how the Night Life program – referred to as the “heartbeat of I.T. Tender” – is progressing. It had been the program that was struggling because it only has a few workers and sometimes the workers have to sacrifice from their own pocket just to offer food for the children. Now, people are starting to come offering their help and time, and slowly the needs of the program are being answered.
This month it felt as if we had manna falling from heaven. Bread Talk, an up-market bakery chain in the Philippines has partnered with us sending us their unsold breads twice a week. Through this generous partnership we are feeding a hundred children on our Thursday night sessions. Another blessing for this program is the Food For Life program (also run by IT Tender) which has made a formal partnership with Night Life and are collaborating to supply the food for 60 children during our Wednesday and Friday night sessions. TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY INDEED!
Through the ongoing time and commitment of our dedicated staff we are starting to see changes among the street children. Some of them are returning to their families and some have gone back to study in school. As of now, we are still requiring provisions for medical and hygiene needs since the street children are always exposed to the harmful environment they live and work in. Please join us in our prayers as we reach out to the street children.
Nothing is Impossible
by Gabriel Malquisto
This month of July 2013 the Alternative Learning System A & E passers graduation ceremony was held at the ALS Center in Muntinlupa City. This is a major life event for four of our I.T. Tender Ministry exam passers who joined the ceremony. Our very own Manilyn Bornia was chosen to share her testimony to her fellow graduates.
Manilyn shared her life changing testimony of perseverance; from being a simple housemaid who wanted to help her family and achieve her own goals in life, she took the challenge and is now sharing what God has done in her life.After passing the examination she was given the privilege of a scholarship and finished two courses in welding. Now she is planning to take another course to get her license and work abroad. “If you work hard you will achieve. I believed I would not be a housemaid for the rest of my life...”– words from Manilyn as she testifies and encourages her fellow graduates. Truly nothing is impossible with God if you ask with a pure heart, walk by faith and give God all the glory for His greatness.
|Manilyn Bornia sharing her testimony of struggles and success|
· For the provision of being able to give school materials to our sponsored children for their studies
· Ministry visitation from theExtreme Response Vision Tour
· For the life of Bianca and her family as she celebrated her 14th birthday with 30 children of IT Tender Ministry
· For our new partner BREAD TALK; with their help, we can feed 100 children a month
· To our God who never stops keeping us in awe of Him as He continues to provide for our ministry needs and personal needs
Bianca and the IT Tender kids at her birthday party / A Night Life client receiving Bread Talk / Guys from the ER Vision Tour joining in community basketball
· The ministry is still praying for more donors for our Sponsor A Child Now program. Join us as we aim to give children from poor communities a better future by sending them to school. It only takes $20 a month to give children access to education
· Travelling mercy for Joe and Johanna from the UK as they come to help the ministry this month of August
· For regular monthly donors who will financially support IT Tender Ministry; helping with our operational costs. We are fervently praying to be able to continue paying the rent and other utilities for our drop in center
· Provision and guidance for the NIGHTLIFE STREET BASED MINISTRY, the heart of the IT Tender where we are serving street children. We are in need of PHP 2500 or $60 a month to support the needs of this program
· For our God to continue blessing us with His ways, protection, good health and provision for the ministry needs and personal needs of the staff. For joy as we reach out to street children and children from poor communities